October 17th thru October 21st, 2016
- The project completed a major milestone over the weekend as the second pour of the distinctive concrete intersections (see PDF) at Gambrell/Fishburne and Uppergate/Woodruff Circle resulted in the completion of two of the four intersections that will be addressed by the project. This process was a non-stop effort starting Friday evening and terminating at 3:30 AM Monday morning when the lane closures were removed and the intersections were re-opened to traffic.
- Construction activities scheduled for this week include finalizing the road base at Clinic A for the road widening and completing the electrical conduit and sleeve installation around the Clifton/Uppergate/Woodruff Circle intersection. This element of work has been extremely difficult and time consuming. There are a great deal of underground utilities that had to be avoided and as the crews moved across the roadway, steel plates had to be placed behind them to cover the trench.
- Another priority this week will be cleaning up the various work areas and starting the prep work for the landscaped planted strips.
October 24th thru October 29th, 2016
- Next week will find the majority of the Clifton Road project work force back on normal daytime shifts with the goal of completing the corners of N Decatur/Clifton Road and Uppergate/Clifton Road.
- A fire hydrant will be relocated near the School of Law which will then allow the crews to complete the remaining section of sidewalk in this area.
- Finally, next week asphalt paving will take place to widen Clifton Road in front of Clinic A.
Important Items / Changes to Note
The Northeast (Gambrell Hall side) corner of N Decatur and Clifton Road will be demoed and replaced next week. Please note the alternate sidewalks and detours signs that will be in place to help you navigate this area.