October 3rd thru October 8th, 2016
- The main focus of the work on Clifton Road this week has been preparing for the intersection work scheduled to take place starting Friday night, October 7th at 8:00 PM and be complete Monday morning October 10th prior to rush hour traffic.
- In order to be ready a 2nd shift crew has been working throughout the week. They primarily were working on the ADA curb cuts and curbs at the intersections at Gambrell Drive and Uppergate Drive. The night shift also worked on saw cutting Clifton Road at several locations to prep for electrical conduit and sleeves that have to cross Clifton Road at various locations. All of this prep work will ensure that we can work on two intersections one at Gambrell Drive and the other at Uppergate Drive.
- In addition to work on the intersections crews have been working to complete the sidewalk south of the Business School connecting it to the existing sidewalk on N Decatur Road. By the end of the week, the sidewalk in front of Clinic A will also be reopened.
October 9thth thru October 15th, 2016
Next week will be very similar to this week in that the main focus will be on preparing for the removal and reconstruction of the West halves of the intersections at Gambrell and Uppergate Drive. This will require major lane closures similar to this coming weekend as well as Fishburne Drive being closed to thru traffic and access to Woodruff Circle from Clifton Road being blocked off. Additional details and graphics will be provided on this early next week.
Important Items / Changes to Note
- The East halves of the Gambrell/Clifton and Uppergate/Clifton Intersections are scheduled for the weekend of 10/7 with a target completion of early morning on Monday 10/10 (before morning rush hour).
- The sidewalk that connects Fishburne Drive to N Decatur (at Business School) will be open for use on Saturday October 8th.
- The corners around Uppergate Drive have temporary sidewalks in place to keep pedestrians safe around the construction zone. Please use the temp walkways.