November 14th thru November 19th, 2016
- There is a significant amount of activity along Clifton Road this week. This includes grading work along Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA) property and the first delivery of trees on Tuesday November 11th. The second delivery arrived on November 17th. The landscape team began on the west side of Clifton Road, starting at Eagle Row and they are working their way south. They should reach N. Decatur Road by the end of the week.
- Work continues on the retaining wall at CHOA. The concrete footing for the retaining wall is in place and they have started laying concrete block.
- The electrical contractor has begun prepping Healthgate drive for light poles bases. Concrete curb and gutter has also been place at Healthgate Drive and the sidewalk at the N. Decatur Building has been extended to N. Decatur Road.
- This week will culminate with asphalt base course paving on Healthgate Drive (we will complete the final topping course when the milling and paving of Clifton Road occurs next spring).
- Additionally, we will be closing Gambrell Drive and Fishburne Drive at Clifton Road to complete underground utility crossings and complete full depth asphalt replacement in these areas. This work is scheduled from 7:00A to 7:00P on both Saturday and Sunday and will not require any lane closures on Clifton Road.
November 20th thru November 26th, 2016
- With next week being a short week due to Thanksgiving, the main activity along Clifton Road will be work on the retaining wall at CHOA. The wall will be faced with granite veneer.
- The landscape crews will continue planting trees and expect to see them working adjacent to Gambrell Hall and moving north along the east side of Clifton Road.
Important Items / Changes to Note
- Please note the closures of Gambrell & Fishburne Drives at Clifton this weekend so that we can complete the underground utility installation and full depth asphalt replacement. There will be no thru traffic to Clifton Road. This work will not require any lane closures on Clifton Road. The timing of this work will be from 7:00A to 7:00P on Saturday and Sunday November 18th and 19th. Please see the road closure plan for additional details.
- Also please note that beginning on Monday November 28th, pedestrian access into and out of the west entrance of the N Decatur Building will change. We have to remove a section of retaining wall and widen a section of sidewalk. This pedestrian detour route will be in place for approximately 3 weeks. Please see the access plan for further details.