November 7th thru November 12th, 2016
- Work this week is primarily focused on Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA) property from Uppergate Drive north towards their entrance driveway. Activities include grading for the roadway and sidewalk, and excavation for the footing of the retaining wall and curb and gutter. While the west face of the tunnel is exposed we will apply a waterproofing system and drainage materials to allow water to flow away from the tunnel. The use of the hydro-vac excavation system was extremely helpful as we uncovered several utility systems that were either not shown on drawings or were in different locations. Carefully locating these utilities ensured none were damaged, avoiding costly repairs and delays to the project schedule.
- Curb and gutter preparation work is nearly complete at Healthgate Drive. Concrete is scheduled to be poured tomorrow November 11th.
- Finally, light pole base installation is nearing completion in front of Clinic A.
November 14th thru November 19th, 2016
- The focus next week will be on the construction of the retaining wall at CHOA, the start of asphalt paving operations at Healthgate Drive and planting trees in the planted strip on Clifton Road.
- We will begin planting trees near WHSCAB on the west side of Clifton Road and we will work our way south towards N Decatur Road.
- We will also be working on Gambrell Drive Saturday and Sunday November 19th and 20th.
- More info on this in next week’s update.
Important Items / Changes to Note
The sidewalk in front of CHOA is now closed and will be for the next several weeks. Please note the sidewalk closures and use the detour route around the construction site.