October 31st thru November 5th, 2016
- The sidewalk adjacent to Gambrell Hall is open and in use.
- Both of the ADA ramps on the east side of Clifton Road at Uppergate Drive have been replaced.
- This week the construction team has started working along Egleston’s property. Demolition of the sidewalk and the existing retaining walls will be complete by the end of the week. In addition, new storm water piping is also being installed. This element of work will take about 2 weeks to complete.
- Work in front of Clinic A includes the installation of new bases and electrical conduit for the street lights.
- Irrigation piping is also being installed at various locations in the planted strips.
- Storm line piping and manholes are complete at Healthgate Drive.
- Finally work will be taking place this weekend, starting Friday night November 4th after rush hour traffic and extending into Sunday evening November 6th. Ten foot sections of asphalt will be replaced on all sides of the concrete intersections. A much deeper section of asphalt will be placed in order to better support the weight of heavy vehicles when they apply their brakes to stop at these intersections.
November 6th thru November 11th, 2016
- The focus next week will be on grading and construction of the new retaining wall foundation at Egleston.
- Irrigation work will continue progressing along the east side of Clifton Road in the planting strips. Topsoil will also be delivered and tilled in prior to the delivery of the trees and plants which will arrive later this month.
- Crews will be placing forms for the curb and gutter at Healtgate Drive and they will also be placing stone base course for the roadway.
Important Items/Changes to Note
- The sidewalk in front of Egleston is now closed and will be for the next 5 – 6 weeks. Please note the sidewalk closures and follow the signs detouring you around the construction site.
- Crews will be working on Clifton Road this weekend. Significant lane closures will be in place. Expect traffic delays and avoid this area if possible. Please drive with caution if you have to travel through this area to ensure worker, pedestrian and vehicle safety.