November 28th thru December 3rd, 2016
- For the first time in over 40 days, rain has had an impact on the project. While this is great for the drought and forest fires, it has delayed several activities until next week.
- The rains did not hurt the landscaping crews as they continued to plant materials in front of Emory University Hospital and Harris Hall. They will prepare the planting bed and install shrubs in front of Clinic A by the end of the week.
- Irrigation systems are also being installed and activated in multiple locations. This will avoid future hand watering of the trees and plants.
- We are also preparing to pour a section of the concrete curb and gutter in front of CHOA. Retaining wall construction will restart today with crews placing granite veneer on the concrete block wall.
- At Healthgate Drive work is underway to complete a detour route to the west entrance of the North Decatur Building. Please see attached plan for additional details.
- Also at Healthgate, the concrete foundations for the traffic lights poles will be poured this week.
December 5th thru December 10th, 2016
- Pedestrians will use a detour route to reach the west entrance of the N Decatur Building beginning on December 5th. It will remain in service for approximately 3 weeks. The detour is required to allow crews to demo a section of the retaining wall and sidewalk directly adjacent to the loading dock.
- Work will continue to place granite veneer on the retaining wall at CHOA and the remainder of the curb and gutter along this section of Clifton Road will be completed. Site grading will continue north along CHOA’s property.
- Beginning the evening of December 9th and concluding early on the morning of December 11th, the front driveway to the Center for Rehabilitation Medicine will be closed to traffic. We need to demo and replace the concrete apron.
Important Items / Changes to Note
- A temporary pedestrian crossing at Healthgate Drive will be placed into service on December 5th while demolition of a section of the retaining wall and sidewalk adjacent to the loading dock is underway.