September 19th thru September 24th, 2016
- Work continues in front of Clinic A to extend the storm water system. Generally underground utilities are around 3' below grade. But in this area the piping is almost 16' below grade, requiring special safety precautions to protect the crew. This is shown in the first photo. Work on this storm line is now expected to be complete by the end of next week.
- Traffic signal work at N Decatur Road continues and will take several more weeks to complete.
- The biggest change to report this week is the start of the Healthgate Drive portion of the project. Engineering layout and demo of the asphalt service drive began on Wednesday, September 21st.
- On Saturday crews will be working on Clifton Road. They will be saw cutting the asphalt in support of future work that will install conduits below Clifton Road to power the street lighting and traffic signals. We anticipate this work will have minimal impacts to traffic.
September 26th thru September 30th, 2016
- Next week several crews will continue working in front of Clinic A. They should be wrapping up the storm water piping and then will begin to construct new concrete curb and gutters and also place asphalt to widen the road.
- Work will also continue adjacent to the School of Law and at the right turn lane, installing light pole bases and continuing work on the sidewalks.
- Trenching operations across Clifton Road will take place at night in order to install electrical conduits to power street lights and traffic signals. This will occur after the evening rush hour traffic is over and be complete before the morning rush hour traffic begins. Steel plates will have to be placed over the trenches for about two days.
- As stated above crews will also continue work on the traffic signal for the right turn lane.
- At Healthgate Drive, work will focus on underground utilities, extending them beyond the limits of the new road.
Important Items/Changes to Note
The East halves of the Gambrell/Clifton and Uppergate/Clifton Intersections are scheduled for the weekend of 10/7 starting after rush hour traffic with a completion of early morning on Monday 10/10 (before rush hour traffic begins). Traffic Control Plans and Vehicular Routing will be forthcoming and posted to this web site.
Work on Healthgate Drive has started. (See photo above.) Barricades are in place. The old service drive is now inaccessible to pedestrians and bicyclists. We ask that you stay out of the area for your own safety.