September 26th thru September 30th
- Work on the storm line at Clinic A is nearing completion. Grading for the new curb and gutter in this area is underway. Also underway near Clinic A are utility relocations which are within the planted strip. We anticipate that the sidewalk will be reopened in front of the Clinic in the next two weeks.
- Work is underway to reconstruct new ADA curb cuts at Uppergate Drive. This work will be completed on Friday September 30th.
- Work has started on the final section of sidewalk and curbs at the new right turn lane at N Decatur Road. We anticipate this sidewalk will be opened and in use by the middle of October. Traffic signal work for the turn lane continues.
October 3rd thru October 9th, 2016)
- The main focus next week will be preparing for the construction of two concrete intersections. The intersections are at (1) Clifton, Gambrell Drive, and Fishburne Drive and Clifton and (2) Uppergate Drive and Clifton. This work will take place next weekend, Friday evening October 7th and extend into early Monday morning October 10th. We will provide additional details and graphics on this early next week.
- At night next week, after rush hour is over, crews will saw cut across Clifton Road at several locations. This is in support of the work for the intersections.
- We will be working in front of Clinic A in preparation for asphalt paving over the weekend.
Important Items / Changes to Note
- The East halves of the Gambrell/Clifton and Uppergate/Clifton Intersections are scheduled for the weekend of 10/7 with a target completion of early morning on Monday 10/10 (before morning rush hour). A Traffic Control Plan and Vehicular Routing will be forthcoming early next week.
- Temporary sidewalks have been placed at Uppergate Drive to navigate around the construction zones for the new ADA curb cuts. Please note the signage and pathways in these areas to safely get around the work zones.
- No work is scheduled on Clifton Road during the Winship 5k on Saturday, October 1st