January 16th thru 20th, 2016
- The west half of the Eagle Road and Clifton Road intersection was successfully completed over the weekend. Pictures above show some of the construction details. The intersection was reopened early Monday morning at 4 AM.
- During the week, crews continued working in the median north of Uppergate Drive prepping it to receive topsoil.
- We will also have clean-up crews working throughout Clifton Road removing rocks and debris in and around all of the landscaped areas
- At Healthgate Drive, landscaping materials are expected, trees and shrubs. Once on site they will be planted right away.
- Due to the predicted inclement weather, rain and stormy weather predicted on Sunday night, the work planned for the Haygood Drive, Clifton Road intersection, is being postponed to the following weekend. In its’ place we will be moving forward with full depth asphalt replacement on the east side of Clifton Road from Uppergate Drive to Haygood Drive. This activity will begin early Friday morning and will continue until the new asphalt surface is complete. Steps will be taken to ensure that access into the Center for Rehabilitation Medicine and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA) is maintained at all times.
January 23rd thru 28th, 2016
- Next week crews will focus on two areas:
- The first is the median north of Uppergate Drive. Top soil will be placed in the median prepping it for trees and shrubs.
- The second area will be the east half of the Haygood Drive, Clifton Road distinctive concrete intersection. Barring any further weather impacts, work on the intersection will begin Friday night at 8:00PM and we will have the road back open Monday morning by rush hour.
Important Items/Changes to Note
- East half of Haygood Drive /Clifton Road Intersection repairs has been postponed to 1/27 – 1/30 due to predicted heavy rain and storms over the weekend.
- One northbound lane of Clifton Road, between Uppergate Drive and Haygood Drive will be closed to traffic on January 19th to conduct roadway repairs.