January 23rd thru 28th, 2016
- Due to the inclement weather last weekend we had to re-schedule the east half of the Haygood Drive, Clifton Road intersection demo and construction for this coming weekend January 27th – early morning January 30th.
- The main focus this week has been preparing for the upcoming weekend activities. Work will begin Friday evening, at 8:00PM. We will close Haygood Drive at Clifton Road to demo the damaged asphalt paving and replace the east half of the intersection with concrete. This is similar to the work we have performed at other intersections along Clifton Road. The crews will work through the night to demo the asphalt roadway and prepare it for concrete. They will begin pouring concrete mid-morning on Saturday and we will re-open the road no later than Monday morning at 5:00AM. While work is underway at the intersection, Clifton Road will be reduced to a single lane of travel northbound and southbound along the work area.
- Work continued on the planted median this week. A blended topsoil has been placed and trees have been planted.
- The landscaping team has also started planting shrubs and trees west of the new Healthgate Drive.
- Finally, we have been able to begin the installation of a new storm water structure in front of the new Hospital J-Wing Project. This required a great deal of coordination and cooperation with McCarthy Construction as we needed to access an area of their job site in order to begin the excavation for the storm water structure.
January 29th thru February 3rd, 2016
- Work will be focused in and around the new Hospital J-Wing Project. Work will continue on the storm water structure and an underground electrical conduit will be extended. This electrical pathway will be used to serve traffic control devices and the new street lighting and pedestrian lighting along Clifton Road.
- Planting and landscaping will continue near Healthgate Drive.
Important Items / Changes to Note
- East half of Haygood Drive and Clifton Road intersection is scheduled to be closed beginning Friday, January 27th at 8:00PM. Please take note of the traffic signs and message boards for directing traffic around this area.