January 3rd thru January 7th 2017
- Although it was very wet over the holiday break the crews were able to complete the tabletop intersection at Healthgate Drive and the raised crosswalk replacement at the service drive to the Lowergate South Parking Deck.
- Crews are continuing to push to complete work on sections of sidewalks and raised islands before the onset of inclement weather this weekend. Specifically, they are targeting to complete a small section of sidewalk at the NE corner of Lowergate South Parking Deck and grading and placement of stone base course at the northern end of Healthgate Drive.
- Some misc. concrete work is also taking place to address a damaged section of concrete and replacing the top of a storm water catch basin.
- Finally they are also constructing forms for the raised concrete islands at Healthgate Drive and at Clifton Road and N. Decatur Road.
January 9th thru January 14th 2017
- Next week, crews will work to place asphalt binder as a part of the roadway widening on the service drive to Lowergate South Parking Deck and at the northern end of Healthgate Drive.
- Work on Clifton Road will include addressing the construction of the median at the north end of the project. Work would take place Tuesday through Thursday after the morning rush hour traffic and ending before the onset of the evening rush hour traffic.
- Beginning the evening of January 13th work will begin on the Eagle Row, Clifton Road intersection. As such Eagle Row will be closed to through traffic at Means Drive. Traffic on Clifton Road will not be able to enter Eagle Row at this location. Traffic will be restored no later than 5 AM on Monday January 16th.
Important Items / Changes to Note
- Work will be taking place next week to construct the median near the School of Medicine and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Please see the attached traffic plan for details.
- Work on the west half of the Eagle Row, Clifton Road Intersection will take place starting at 7 PM Friday evening January 13th and be completed early on the morning of January 16th. Please see the attached traffic plan for further details.
- Work on the east half of the intersection, Haygood Drive and Clifton Road will take place the following weekend starting on the evening of January 20th and completing early on the morning of January 23rd. A traffic plan for this work will be provided in the next project update.