February 6th thru 10th, 2017
- Work this week is concentrated along Clifton Road between Gambrell Drive and Lowergate Drive, directly in front of the J-Wing. Grading crews are working on excavating and placing stone base course material in order to widen the road along this section of Clifton Road. This has involved working around several existing utilities that are either abandoned (old service lines for buildings on current J-Wing site) or active lines in delicate locations (data lines encased in old terra cotta duct) therefore making production in these areas difficult. This, coupled with heavy overnight rain on Tuesday, has slowed down progress in this area of the project. Although we had hoped to place asphalt this Saturday that will not be possible.
- In addition to the grading operation, the crews have completed the underground electrical conduit at the corner of Gambrell Drive and Clifton Road. This will allow Georgia Power to complete their new underground electrical service for the traffic signals at this location. Once GA Power is complete with this new service, they will be able to remove the existing utility poles that are currently in place on the east side of Clifton Road between N Decatur Road and Gambrell Drive.
- Finally, we were able to complete the relocation of the existing fire department connection and the fire hydrant near WHSCAB.
February 13th thru February 18th, 2017
- Remaining grading work in front of the J Wing will be addressed.
- Georgia Power will have crews out to complete their electrical service to the traffic signal cabinet at the Intersection of Clifton Road, Gambrell Drive and Fishburne Drive.
Important Items / Changes to Note
- GA Power will be on site next week to complete the underground service for the Gambrell Intersection Traffic Signal. We are hopeful they will be able to begin removing the utility poles south of Gambrell Drive in the near future.