February 13th thru 17th, 2017
- The item with the greatest impact to the community this week has been the opening of the right turn lane from Clifton Road onto North Decatur Road. This should greatly reduce traffic backups in this area during peak travel periods. Vehicles turning right onto North Decatur Road can now queue up in this lane reducing their wait times to turn onto North Decatur Road.
- Work also continued in front of the J-Wing Project this week:
- Crews have completed the stone base course for the road widening and the temporary curb is in place.
- A paving crew will be on site to begin work in this area at noon on Friday. This will allow them to complete their paving ahead of the J-Wing’s crane dismantling operation which will begin Friday night and extend over the weekend.
- GA Power has also been on site this week disconnecting their overhead power lines, removing transformers and the utility poles between North Decatur Road and Gambrell Drive on the Law School side of Clifton Road.
- This is a crucial step as it will allow us to begin using the widened section of Clifton Road. This extra room will then allow us to begin work on the remaining 2 planted medians, one south and one north of the Gambrell Drive, Fishburne Drive, Clifton Road intersection.
February 20th thru February 25th, 2017
- Construction of the 2 remaining planted medians can move forward once Ga Power completes their work to remove the utility poles south of Gambrell Drive.
- Crews will also begin prep work for the Lowergate Drive distinctive Intersection, currently scheduled for the weekends of March 3rd (west side, Emory University Hospital half) and March 10th (east side, Emory Clinic half).
Important Items / Changes to Note
- The dedicated right turn lane from Clifton Road onto North Decatur Road was opened on Tuesday of this week.
- Removal of overhead electrical lines and utility poles from North Decatur Road to Gambrell Drive by GA Power
- J Wing Tower Crane will be dismantled over the weekend. Clifton Road will be closed between Uppergate Drive and Gambrell Drive.