February 20th thru 24th, 2017
- Clifton Road was widened in front of the J wing.
- Georgia Power crews completed their work to remove their overhead cabling and equipment along with their utility poles from Gambrell Drive to North Decatur Road.
- Georgia Power crews have also been very busy installing the electrical conductors for the new light poles and they have installed the first light pole at Lowergate Drive.
- Elsewhere on Clifton Road, work is underway on the two remaining planted medians. The asphalt surface was removed by the milling machine. Crews then formed and placed the concrete curbing which will border each median.
- Barring any weather impacts later this week we will stripe the service drive to the Lowergate South Parking deck. This will then provide a dedicated left and right turn lane for traffic exiting the deck onto Gambrell Drive.
- We will also begin installing fencing along sections of Healthgate Drive.
February 27th thru March 4th, 2017
- Trees and ground covering is scheduled to be planted in the two medians next week.
- The main focus, however, will be preparing for the west half of the Lowergate Drive and Clifton Road distinctive concrete intersection. Beginning Friday night around 8:00PM, we will shift traffic to the east half of Clifton Road. Demo crews will then begin working on the west half of the intersection, removing the asphalt and preparing the area for concrete. While this work is underway, Clifton Road will be reduced to a single lane of travel southbound and northbound along this section of Clifton Road. Concrete will be placed by mid-Saturday morning and we will re-open all lanes of Clifton Road prior to rush hour traffic on Monday morning. This work is dependent on dry weather so we will continue to monitor the long range weather forecast.
Important Items / Changes to Note
- Clifton Road will be closed between Uppergate Drive and Gambrell Drive beginning at approximately 8 PM February 24th and continuing until Sunday February 26th at 6 PM for the removal of the old hospital bridge. Vehicles will be rerouted via detour signs to avoid the work zone and police officers will be on hand directing traffic. Traffic delays can be expected and you should consider alter travel routes to avoid the construction area.
- Work on the west half of the Lowergate Drive and Clifton Road intersection will take place starting at 8 PM Friday evening March 3rd and it will be completed prior to rush hour traffic on the morning of March 6th.
- Work on the east half of the Lowergate Drive and Clifton Road intersection will take place starting at 8 PM Friday evening March 10th and it will be completed prior to rush hour traffic on the morning of March 13th.