(March 5th thru 10th , 2017)
- The last distinctive concrete intersection at Lowergate Drive and Clifton Road was opened to traffic on Sunday, 12 hours ahead of schedule!
- This week the focus is on constructing a granite-faced retaining wall near Gambrell Hall, and completing the landscape plantings in the remaining two planted medians on Clifton Road.
- Georgia Power has installed all of the new street light poles and begun installing the light fixtures.
- Miscellaneous concrete pads and repairs to sidewalks were completed.
(March 13th thru 18th, 2017)
- Next week milling operations will begin Monday night, March 13th on Clifton Road. Crews will start on the west side of the road, Emory University Hospital side of the road. Milling operations will take 2 -3 evenings to complete. This will require reducing Clifton Road to a single lane of travel northbound and southbound, each night. The milling operations will be complete prior to morning rush hour traffic.
- Wednesday night, March 15th Eagle Row and Haygood Drive will be closed to traffic at the Clifton Road intersection. Repairs will be made to the asphalt approaches to the intersection.
- On Saturday morning, March 18th, Woodruff Circle and Uppergate Drive will be closed to traffic at the Clifton Road intersection. They will be reopened to traffic by early evening. Personnel will be on site to direct traffic while the milling and roadway repairs are underway.
Important Items / Changes to Note
- Milling of Clifton Road will begin on Monday night, March 13th beginning around 7:00 PM.