March 13th thru 18th, 2017
- Milling operations on Clifton Road were impacted by rain on Monday night and much colder than normal weather the rest of this week.
- All of the travel lanes on Clifton Road between North Decatur Road and Eagle Row have been milled in preparation for an asphalt topping next week.
- Roadway approaches at Woodruff Circle and Uppergate Drive will be addressed very early Saturday morning.
- While the work is underway Woodruff Circle and Upperate Drive will be closed to traffic. Please see the attachment for the specific locations.
- Once complete and open to traffic, the crews will address the asphalt approaches at Eagle Row and Haygood Drive at the Clifton Road Intersection. Eagle Row and Haygood Drive will be closed to traffic while the work is underway. They will reopen late Saturday night. Please see the attachment for the specific locations.
- Crews will be on site to direct traffic while this work is underway.
- Lastly the new roadway and pedestrian lights along Clifton Road between North Decatur Road and Lowergate Drive were put into service this week.
March 20th thru 24th, 2017
- Next week we will be placing the top course of asphalt (smooth driving surface) on Clifton Road between North Decatur road and Eagle Row/Haygood Drive. This work will begin on the southbound lanes (Emory University Hospital side of the road) one lane at a time until they complete the full width of Clifton Road. While the paving operations are underway, Clifton Road will be reduced to a single lane of travel for northbound and southbound traffic each evening until they complete all of the travel lanes. Barring any weather impacts we anticipate that the asphalt paving will be complete by the end of the week.
- Crews will continue to install the roadway lighting fixtures on the remainder of Clifton Road.
Important Items / Changes to Note
- Paving Operations will begin Monday night on Clifton Road and extend throughout the week. Please plan your route accordingly