February 27th thru March 4th, 2017
- Clifton Road will be closed between Gambrell Drive and Uppergate Drive beginning Friday night March 3rd after 8:00 PM until Monday morning March 5th at 5 AM. This will allow crews to construct the distinctive concrete intersection at Lowergate Drive and Clifton Road. The concrete intersection will be poured by Saturday afternoon, but the road will need to remain closed until just prior to rush hour traffic on Monday morning. This will allow the concrete time to cure and reach the required strength to support the weight of vehicles. This is the last of the distinctive intersections for Clifton Road and is a major project milestone.
- Trees were also planted in the two remaining planted medians, one located north of Gambrell Drive and the other south of Gambrell Drive.
- A new storm water structure was installed on Healthgate Drive.
- Ga Power has had crews installing new light poles on both sides of Clifton Road. They are about 50% complete.
March 5th thru March 11th, 2017
- The focus next week will once again be on cleaning up the site and pressure washing sidewalks.
- Due to the warmer than usual temperatures, we may be able to begin testing the newly installed Irrigation systems.
- Crews will complete the installation of the light poles and begin installing the light fixtures (lamp heads).
Important Items / Changes to Note
- Clifton Road Closure between Gambrell Drive and Uppergate Drive Friday night March 3rd after 8 PM until Monday morning March 5th at 5 AM. Expect traffic delays on Clifton Road. If possible please consider an alternate route to reach your destination.