April 10th thru 14th, 2017
- Current work this week along the Clifton Road corridor has been focused on repairs and clean up.
- Irrigation crews are working to stay ahead of the heat and ensuring all of the new irrigation systems are operational and they are also addressing construction related repairs that are needed.
- Traffic signal crews have met with DeKalb County to work out the details in order to place the traffic lights at Healthgate Drive into service. This process will probably require another 2–3 weeks to complete.
April 17th thru 23rd, 2017
- Next week irrigation repairs, general clean up, landscape repairs and continued work at Healthgate Drive will be taking place.
- In addition, detection loops for the traffic signals along the Clifton corridor will be “cut-in” to the asphalt pavement.
- Repairs to Gambrell Drive will also take place. Sections of the roadway will be removed and extensive repairs implemented. This will take place on Saturday March 22nd. Access to Lowergate South Parking deck will be available via Clifton Road while the crews are working on Gambrell Drive. Flaggers will be in place to assist motorists while the road work is underway. Additional details and a logistics plan on where the repairs will take place will be provided in next week’s update.
- The paving crew will also be working on Healthgate Drive on March 22nd placing the final asphalt wearing course.
- Also a crew will be back to continue their efforts using slurry blasting equipment to achieve the exposed aggregate appearance at the distinctive concrete intersections.