April 17th thru 22rd, 2017
- The major focus this week has been on planning for the full depth asphalt replacement/repair along sections of Gambrell Drive this Saturday April 22nd. Work will start at 8 AM. Please see the attached logistics plans (Morning and Afternoon) for details regarding where the work will be taking place. Initially Gambrell Drive will be closed between Healthgate Drive (at the North Decatur Building) to the far end of the parking decks. Access to Lowergate South Parking deck will be via Clifton Road and Gambrell Drive. Following the completion of roadway repairs adjacent to the parking decks, this section of roadway will be reopened and Gambrell Drive will then be closed from Clifton Road up to MacMillan Law Library. While this work is underway access into and out of Lowergate South Parking Deck will be via Ridgewood Drive. Paving will also be occurring on Healthgate Drive on Saturday. However, Healthgate Drive will remain closed to traffic pending the activation of the new traffic signals. We are optimistic that this will occur by the end of April.
- Traffic signal crews have begun installing new detection loops for the traffic signals on Clifton Road.
- Irrigation crews have also continued working to test, repair and complete the installation of new systems in an effort to stay ahead of the warmer than normal weather.
- Finally, on Saturday and Sunday (weather pending) work will resume on the slurry blasting at the 4 concrete intersections on Clifton Road. This work will begin around 8:00AM on Saturday at Lowergate Drive and will continue over the weekend.
April 23th thru 28th, 2017
- Next week the irrigation repairs, general clean up, landscape repairs and continued work at Healthgate Drive will continue.
- We will also begin installing sod throughout the Clifton corridor so that restoration efforts to turf areas impacted by the project will be complete by Commencement.
Important Items to Note
- Saturday, 4/22 MORNING
Gambrell Drive will be closed from Healthgate Drive to the far end of the parking Decks (Lowergate and Lowergate South). Access will be available to Lowergate South Parking Deck via Clifton Road to Gambrell Drive. Refer to the attachment for directions.
- Saturday, 4/22 AFTERNOON
Gambrell Drive will be closed from the MacMillan Law Library to Clifton Road. Access will be available to Lowergate South Parking Deck via Gambrell Drive from Uppergate or Ridgewood Drive. Refer to the attachment for directions.