April 3rd thru 9th, 2017
- The approaches to the intersections at Eagle Row, Dowman Drive and Clifton Road as well as Woodruff Circle, Uppergate Drive and Clifton Road were completed.
- Severe storms this week have hampered the progress on the cycle track. The remaining work includes the short section which will connect it to Eagle Row and the replacement and widening of the ADA ramp at the corner of Eagle Row and Clifton Road.
- This weekend, crews will be “profiling” the four concrete intersections to achieve the exposed aggregate appearance. This will be accomplished by means of slurry blasting, combining water with recycled glass media. Single lane shifts will be in place as well as flaggers to safely divert traffic around the work area. Crews will work on one intersection at a time starting at the Eagle Row, Haygood Drive and Clifton Road intersection. The intersections will remain open at all time and crews will work on one lane of the intersection at a time.
April 10th thru 14th, 2017
- The cycle track will be completed next week along with general site cleanup.
Important Items / Changes to Note
- Selective lane closures to complete the slurry blasting of the concrete intersections will occur over the weekend. This will not require major lane shifts or road closures. The crews will work through the intersections sequencing the work from one lane to the next until complete.