March 27th thru 31st, 2017
- Paving on Clifton Road is substantially complete. The crews have a few areas to address which includes the approaches at the following intersections: Eagle Row, Haygood Drive at Clifton Road and Woodruff Circle, Uppergate Drive at Clifton Road. These areas will be addressed beginning Friday night starting at 8 PM. While crews are working at these intersections, they will be closed to traffic. Only one intersection will be closed at a time. Flaggers will be on site to direct traffic around the construction areas.
- Work is progressing well on the cycletrack which extends from Eagle Row to Woodruff Circle. Barring any weather impacts due to rain, all of the concrete will be placed by the end of the week.
- Crews have continued working on the new traffic signal at Healthgate Drive and are waiting on Georgia Power to energize the signal cabinet.
- Road signage at the North Decatur and Clifton Road intersection has been installed with new “CLIFTON ROAD”, “NORTH DECATUR ROAD” and “NO LEFT TURN” signs (for traffic turning South onto Clifton Road from North Decatur Road).
- Georgia Power continues their work on the new street lights and nearly all are operational along the length Clifton Road.
- Work will resume on Healthgate Drive to place the remaining asphalt binder course.
April 3rd thru 7th, 2017
- Next week the focus will be on completing the cycletrack from Eagle Row to Woodruff Circle. This will require the crew to demo and then replace the ADA ramp at the corner of Eagle Row and Clifton Road and replace it with a wider ramp.
- Crews will also continue work on the traffic signal at Healthgate Drive and site clean-up at various locations.
Important Items / Changes to Note
- Road Closures and Detours beginning Friday night at 8:00PM at Eagle Row and Haygood Drive
- Access Clifton via Ridgewood Drive while Uppergate Drive is closed.
- Road Closures and Detours beginning early Saturday morning at Uppergate Drive and Woodruff Circle
- Access Clifton Road from Haygood Drive while Uppergate Drive is closed.