May 1st thru 5th, 2017
- With Commencement rapidly approaching, the project team has continued the finishing touches along Clifton Road.
- Landscaping crews have been on site spreading pine straw, removing weeds and will be placing sod to complete the majority of the turf areas that were impacted by the project in various locations up and down Clifton Road.
- Vigorous efforts are underway to ensure all areas of the project are ready for Commencement on Monday.
- Traffic Signal crews are making the final adjustments to the new signal at Healthgate Drive (note that this signal will not be active Monday as DeKalb County Police Officers will be at this intersection).
- Crews have continued work on installing the detection loops at various points along the project.
- Final roadway striping along Clifton Road has begun now that the asphalt has sufficiently cured to allow thermoplastic striping to be applied on the roadway.
May 9th thru 13th, 2017
- Next week crews will not be working on Monday due to Commencement and the many celebrations taking place on campus honoring the graduates.
- Following this break, slurry blasting will resume along the Corridor at the distinctive intersections.
- Once complete we can schedule work on the distinctive crosswalks and the bike lane.
Important Items to Note
- No Work Monday, May 8th, due to Commencement