Current Week June 5th thru June 9th
- Work is underway to designate the bike lane with a green background. This is on the east side of Clifton Road. It will start at North Decatur Road and extends up to Haygood Drive. Progress on this element of the project has been delayed a bit this week due to rain. We will defer work in front of the J Wing as there is still significant hardscape and landscape work that is underway. We will pick up this section in the coming weeks. The other sections along Clifton Road will be completed this week.
- Once the bike lane is complete the crews will be able to begin work on the distinctive crosswalks. This work will take place at night after rush hour traffic. Clifton Road will remain open to traffic but it will require lanes to be closed so that crews can apply the reddish background field of the crosswalk to the roadway. We anticipate at most one intersection can be completed each night. This work is weather dependent and cannot take place when rain is in the forecast.
- Landscaping crews have completed placing sod and adjusting irrigation systems in multiple locations along Clifton Road, near the School of Medicine, the Goizueta Business School, Clinic A and at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
Next Week June 12th thru June 16th
- Work will continue on the distinctive crosswalks until they are completed.
Important Items/Changes to Note
- Lane closures will occur on Clifton Road in the evenings to allow crews to begin work on the distinctive crosswalks. Crews will begin after rush traffic in the evening and be complete prior to rush hour traffic in the morning.
- Paving on Gambrell Drive is scheduled to begin the evening of July 14th and be complete on July 15th.